How much do you know about the Great Commission? Check your knowledge with this free quiz!
Where God Writes the Story
Philippians for Missionaries: A Deep Dive Devotional
Allow a fellow missionary to take you on a journey through the book of Philippians. This 31 day devotional has something for every schedule. Short on time? Read the commentary on the day’s verses and apply it directly to your calling as a missionary.
Looking for something more? Access the Deep Dive section for in-depth Bible study questions that will have you digging through God’s Word.
Either way, you will find yourself challenged and sharpened by Paul’s epistle to the Philippians.
This book is scheduled for publication in early 2024. Sign up below to receive notifications on the book’s release and occasional updates from the author.
Rerouted: God’s Leading in a Reluctant Missionary’s Life
Jonah got a big fish. Janay got a rogue wave.
In Rerouted, Janay Abale describes her journey from pursuing a comfortable life in Southern California to giving it all up to live in a rural part of Northern Uganda as a missionary.
Providing an intimate window into her spiritual growth, Janay addresses topics like:
• How YOU can Discern God’s will for YOUR life
• Asking God to give you the desires of your heart
• Why surrender is the only path to genuine joy
• God’s heart for every believer
Thoughtful and encouraging, Rerouted will spur you on in your desire to surrender everything to Jesus in exchange for His unsurpassable joy.
Check Rerouted out. Join my email list to get your free sneak peek of the prologue and be notified when the book launches.
Recent Blog Posts
Missions, Ministry, Books, Recipes, Rural Life
- God’s Grace was Sufficient-A Book ReviewGod’s Grace was Sufficient: Lucy Thurston, Pioneer Missionary to Hawaii, Book 1 (by Mary Thurston Hedstrom) Do you want to read a missionary biography or memoir, but don’t know where to start? I recommend you start with God’s Grace was Sufficient. This story is an account of Lucy and Asa Thurston’s adventures as missionaries to …
- God’s Got Wheels on a Thousand Hills“I hope the police don’t stop us,” I muttered to my husband as we rattled along in our old Land Cruiser on a deserted road in Uganda. Just then, a policeman stepped out of the shadow of a large tree at the top of a hill, his arm extended in the “stop” position. When dealing …
- Avis Goodhart’s Out of the Dust: A ReviewI’m always on the lookout for missionary memoir because it’s in the story of our lives that we can see God at work so powerfully. Avis Goodhart’s life story, detailed in her book Out of the Dust, does exactly that. Her testimony shows how God can use anyone to be His hands and feet and …
- 7 Bible Promises to Believe When Dealing with DramaOne of the hardest things about going through conflict (aka drama!) is feeling alone and misunderstood. If your conflict is with someone that used to be close to you, the feeling of aloneness may be even greater, but the Bible promises many things that will encourage you. Trusting your feelings is dangerous because emotions fluctuate …
- Open Ears, Open HeartsThe past months have brought a firestorm of ideas, two of which I greatly desire to see come to fruition for the Aringa people. Though similar, they target different audiences. The first is for the women of Aringa. I want every woman to have access to Bible teachings in the Aringa language. These teachings will …